Sunday 12 February 2012

I will never find another you- Promiseland

Its an English poem.. It goes like this

There’s a new world somewhere they call the Promised Land;
And I’ll be there someday if you will hold my hand;
I still need you there beside me, no matter what I do;
For I know I’ll never find another you
.

This is the first English poem my daughter Jui sang at her intraschool group singing competition..You know what this poem is dedicated to all lovely mothers she said.. Now I was quite interested to know the lyrics and then googled for the lyrics of this poem ..Well  I was really speechless after I read it .. couldn't hold back my emotions.... and it was since then  I started liking those wonderful English poems.. I always have strong affinity towards Marathi but every language has its own beauty, the way feelings are expressed through words in this poem is marvellous Rest of the poem goes like this...

(For all those dedicated mothers who are rock and wind beneath their children's wings!!!!!! )

There is always someone for each of us they say,
And you’ll be my someone, forever and a day;
I could search the whole world over, until my life is through,
But I know I’ll never find another you.

It’s a long, long journey, so stay by my side,
If I walk through a storm, you’ll be my guide,
Be my guide...

If they gave me a fortune, my treasure would be small;
I could lose it all tomorrow, and never mind at all;
But if I should lose your love, dear, I don’t know what I’d do,
For I know I’ll never find another you
!


Its worth listening ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ga9Bs4fzSY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home